Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a crack in driveway?

Tekapo201732
Finding My Feet

How to repair a crack in driveway?

Need some advise how to repair the cracks on the patio and walkway (built more than 18 years).  The pictures do not show out the cracks but only the material used (small red granular aggrevate).    Thank you.

PICT0038.JPGPICT0056.JPG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to repair a crack in driveway?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Tekapo201732 and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

Our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to assist when he is back on the site later today.

Many thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

We are looking forward to seeing how you can repair your driveway.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Tekapo201732,

Many thanks for sharing those images of the driveway material. Could you please show us the cracks which you'd like to fill? Once our members understand the damage, they'll be much better placed to provide helpful suggestions on repairing the areas.

Depending on how large these cracks are, you might be able to fill them with Timbermate 500g Concremate Expanding Cement and paint the areas to conceal the repairs. Alternatively, embedding the same aggregate used in the rest of the driveway into the surface of the cement filler will be needed for larger cracks.

I look forward to seeing some images of the damaged sections and assisting with your project.

Mitchell

Dear Mitchell:

Thanks for the advice and I will try to get some photos of the concrete cracks.  Actually, it is at my Dad's house and he does not know how to send me the email with the photos.  I will probably visit in March to get the photos.

I live in New Zealand and check with Bunnings New Zealand on their web.  They do not have the Timbermate Concretemate expanding cement.  Or you can recommend any commercial brand of cement filler (is there any transparent filler?) to me please?  

Thanks Mitchell.

Best regards

Ieon

I apologise, Leon @Tekapo201732. I should have noticed that you were on the other side of the ditch. It looks like you have Norski 312ml Four To One Epoxy Resin available to you. It can even have pigments added to it for colouring. It seems like it could work well for your application.

Mitchell

Dear Mitchell:

Wow. .. I did not expect that you will reply the message on Sunday (because it is holiday and you should take the holiday).  You are really exceed my expectation and I would say that you are an asset of Bunnings Australia.  Amazing and appreciate so much for the quick reply and helpful advice.  I will absolutely go to Bunnings New Zealand Hornby to get the Norski four to one epoxy resin to try.  Again. thanks so much and happy Sunday.

Best regards

Ieon

It's my pleasure Leon (@Tekapo201732). Don't worry though, I had my days off earlier in the week. 

Keep us updated with your project and reach out if you need further assistance or have questions. We're here to help.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects