Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a leaking gutter joint?

Kiama2005
Just Starting Out

How to repair a leaking gutter joint?

This is Aceline guttering and I do not wish to dismantle Joint.  Is there any spray on rubberised solution available that would be suitable.

Thanks Kiama2005

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to repair a leaking gutter joint

Hello @Kiama2005 

I suggest trying this product. It works in any weather condition wet or dry! https://www.bunnings.com.au/selleys-290ml-clear-storm-waterproof-gutter-and-roof-sealant_p1230165 I have personally seen it stop leaks both on roofs and gutters. Excellent for emergency repairs even in the middle of a rain storm. Please read the instructions at the back of the product carefully.

Cheers,

Red

Screenshot_2021-03-10 Selleys 290ml Clear Storm Waterproof Gutter And Roof Sealant.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thank You will give it a try.

Kiama2005

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kiama2005. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

It's great to see you've already received some helpful advice from the knowledgeable @redracer01. Another option other than @redracers01's wonderful suggestion would be to clean and dry the area thoroughly and apply Consolidated Alloys 75mm x 3m Weatherproof Byute Flash Flashing Tape over the joint. This is a flashing tape made from aluminium foil coated with thick rubber/butyl adhesive used for weather sealing joints and seams, and it's ideal for fixing gutters.

Please let us know how you go, and if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects