Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to use pebble resurfacer on concrete?

katy
Getting Established

How to use pebble resurfacer on concrete?

6F70B782-D6C8-4AA3-A7E6-7A3E797F0A32.jpeg

5C942CA7-42EE-4AAA-9249-01D5400CCDD0.png

Hello.

we bought a house last year and unfortunately it had some underpining issues. We got all that sorted but that has left bare exposed concrete in my drive way. I have got natural pebble resurfacer from Bunnings. Was hoping to get some tips on how to do and blend it with the rest.

Thanks

katy

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to use pebble resurfacer on concrete?

Hi @katy,

If the new stones are a similar colour to the existing, then you shouldn't have too much difficulty blending them together. I've used this product a few times and found it fairly forgiving.

I'd advise you to paint the primer up and onto the existing pebbles to ensure the new product bonds well to them. Apart from that, you'll just want to taper the progression into the old surface. Try to remove that darker staining with some cleaning products and/or a pressure washer before commencing. If you do not clean the staining, then there will be a distinctive dark outline which will highlight the repair. 

You should find this instructional video helpful:  How to use MaxPRO Pebble Resurfacer.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
katy
Getting Established

Thank you so much. I think with the given tips it shouldn’t be a problem. Last time I used the wrong colour and the surface was uneven as I just patched the required and didn’t think of blending in.

Thank you for giving so much of knowledge and confidence to carry on some projects which otherwise would have costed me heaps.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

No worries at all @katy. Helping each other and sharing knowledge is what this community is founded upon. 

Don't hesitate to let us know whenever you need a hand. I trust other members will appreciate you sharing your results so they can learn too.

Mitchell

hi there can I use this on bare earth?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @DItrY,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion.

Unfortunately, Pebble Resurfacer is not applicable on bare earth. It has to have a solid surface like concrete so that it has something to anchor onto. If you are planning on covering an area, I suggest considering the other possibilities such as pavers, artificial turf and of course concrete. The plus side of putting concrete in is that now you can either tile it or put powdered oxide into the concrete to give you colour. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @DItrY,

I thought I'd jump into the conversation to let you know that you can use the pebble resurfacer on bare earth. Check out the video I've linked below for more details. 

I apologise for the confusion.

Mitchell

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @DItrY

My apologies for the confusion, I stand corrected and yes you can use the pebble resurfacer on bare earth as my colleague has pointed out.

Eric

synta
Growing in Experience

Hi EricL/MitchellMc,

Can you confirm if you still stock MaxPRO pebble resurfacer (or similar product) as I cannot find on Bunnings website. Thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @synta. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about resurfacers.

I'm unaware of any product similar to the MaxPRO pebble resurfacer in our current range. You might like to start a discussion and provide some information about the surface that needs improvement, as that would allow our members to see what you're working with and provide some helpful suggestions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects