Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

I want to buy my first clothesline but no clue where to start

khusnil_deo
Cultivating a Following

I want to buy my first clothesline but no clue where to start

Hi there, 

I am after a clothesline that i can "peg" into the ground which can fold. My yard is not that big and I am limited on space on the house walls. Hence the need to have a clotheslines on a post. I need something that is 1.5m wide which can easily hang a queen size bedsheets. when the clothesline is not in use, i want it to be easy to fold down to create ground space. i am also short, 1.54cm tall. 

I also have a colorbond fence in woodland grey.

thank you!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I want to buy my first clothesline but no clue where to start

Hello @khusnil_deo

Unfortunately, all of the rotary clotheslines are 2 meters wide. However, your other option is to install a foldaway clothesline. I suggest using the Hills 8m Dune Mini Folding Clothesline in conjunction with Protector Aluminium 50 x 50 x 1800mm Black Inground Fence Post With Cap. You will need two posts to mount the folding clothesline. The Colorbond fence is not strong enough to carry a folding clothesline. It will be a permanent installation, but the clothesline can be folded down so that you can regain your space. It sounds like an interesting project, any updates you can provide would be much appreciated.

If you wish to use the store's installation service here is the link: Clothesline Installation.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects