Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Installing bird netting to balcony

kiv777
Finding My Feet

Installing bird netting to balcony

Hello,

I want to attach bird netting to my balcony. My plan is to drill eye bolts into the concrete ceiling and the pebblecrete floor to anchor the net. Could someone please recommend what type of hook is the best for this? I was thinking the Dynabolt Plus Eye bolt, but is it better to use an adhesive anchor instead to protect against water damage to the structure?

Thanks for the help.

Kiv

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Installing bird netting to balcony

Welcome to the Workshop community @kiv777. Thanks for your question, I'll be more than happy to clarify your choice of fixings.

The Ramset Dynabolt Eye Bolt is a suitable choice for your project. Drilling into concrete using Dynabolts is a commonly used fixing method. No additional measure is necessary to prevent water damage.

The Pebblecrete is possibly a different issue and our helpful community members may like to give some suggestions. You will find it necessary to create a pilot hole with a smaller sized masonry bit before drilling the 8mm hole. The 8mm drill will try to walk or skip over the pebbles without drilling into them. 

I'd like to extend a very warm welcome to the community and many thanks again for your question. If you need further assistance or advice, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects