Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kids cubby house

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Kids cubby house

My 2nd priority project after the timber feature fence was to build a cubby for my girls for Xmas.

I drew it all up myself with direction from wifey and got to work. Built up the frame, attached the front tongue and groove cladding, installed the custom picket style fence, attached the other walls and trim, and painted it all up a few different colours (pale pink for the front, mint for the picket fence, grey inside, white trimmings, and the right hand outside is blackboard paint). The roof went on last.

No it's time for the girls to decorate and furnish :smile:

Ended up being an enjoyable project with plenty of satisfaction seeing the girls run out to it Xmas morning - well worth it!

cubby1.jpg

cubby2.jpg

cubby3.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

Re: Kids cubby house

Well done Pete.  Fortunately our kids have flown the coop.  Now waitiing for grandkiddies so I can attack Deb's grandchild project list.

Cheers'n'beers

Daryl

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Well done @ProjectPete. It looks fantastic. I'm sure that seeing the delight on the girls' faces was certainly worth all the hard work. Looking forward to seeing some photos after the kids have put their interior decoration skills to good use. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Admirers of @ProjectPete's wonderful cubby might also be interested in seeing other cubby house designs and discussion from Workshop community members.

Here's some links to visit:

Hope you find these projects inspiring and helpful.

Jason

Valentino
Just Starting Out

This is so cute!

Welcome to the Workshop community @Valentino.

It's great to have you join us and I'm sure @ProjectPete appreciates your kind words! I trust you'll find loads of inspirational projects just like this one and helpful advice for all your home and garden needs within the community. We look forward to hearing about what you have going on in your own home and garden and would encourage you to start a new discussion anytime you need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

DIY04
Getting Established

Amazing 

wish I could build something like that myself.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @DIY04,

I'm sure @ProjectPete would be more than happy to give some advice if you wanted to give it a go yourself and had questions. I'd also be available to give directions as best I could.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects