Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Materials for outdoor patio

griffos
Just Starting Out

Materials for outdoor patio

I like the article on out door patio covered deck and would like to know where i can get the materials i have got the room where it can go and got the people to put it up

Cheers 

Bob

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Materials for outdoor patio

Hi Bob (@griffos)

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us.

Could you please let us know what outdoor patio you are referring to? We would be happy to help you with this exciting project. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
griffos
Just Starting Out

HI Jason the project I was looking at was @tom_builds back patio and deck and I was wondering where I could get materials 

Cheers 

Bob

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming Bob (@griffos).

@EricL will be back on the site on Friday to assist you. In the meantime I would recommend you sharing more details about the space you have and what dimensions you are looking at. Do you have a basic plan at this stage you could share?

Jason

Hi @griffos,

The pergola materials were purchased as a kit from Softwoods (timber, roof sheets, gutters and all fixings included). Bunnings does stock some of their kits however I purchased this one directly from a quote provided by their online planning tool as it needed to be a specific size and needed to attach to my current roof in multiple sections.

The decking materials are 90mm x 90mm treated pine posts for the stumps, 45mm x 90mm treated pine for bearers and joists, and specrite 140 x 19mm 2.7m Pre-Oiled Merbau Select Grade FJ Decking for the decking boards. Bearers were attached to walls with 100mm dynabolts, joists were hung into joist hangers and I used Buildex 10 x 65mm 8TPI Climacoat Coating Decking Screws - 500 Pack for securing the decking boards. All of these deck materials came from my local bunnings.

Hope this helps!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @tom_builds

Thank you so much for providing that information about your patio build. I'm sure @griffos will appreciate the advice you've shared on where to source the building materials for their outdoor patio. 

Your assistance to our members is always appreciated. 

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects