Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Maximise your BBQ area with timber screens

WaynesServices
Just Starting Out

Maximise your BBQ area with timber screens

Covid Lockdown's weren't all bad. They gave me the opportunity to get things done around the house.

I purchased several high quality timber screens from Bunnings and began to enclose the side deck to provide us with some privacy when we were able to entertain once again.

The original purpose was to simply wrap around the downpipe, but then I had an idea, which worked out nicely.

This is the result of boredom mixed with a little creativity.

Screen ClosedScreen Closed

Screen open with fold away table and BBQ tools holderScreen open with fold away table and BBQ tools holder

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Maximise your BBQ area with timber screens

Hello @WaynesServices

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your timber screening project.

Whenever you are building something and time is not a factor creativity often comes into play. It's when you have extra moments to consider the alternatives you can apply to the build. The results are usually positive in nature and often ingenious in execution. So instead of just a plain screen, you get a bbq tool hanger, folding table and a bottle opener all cleverly built-in. Truly an excellent addition to what might have been just an ordinary bbq screen.

Again, thank you so much for sharing your clever bbq timber screening project. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects