Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Merbau Pool Deck in WA with underground Pool Cover Blanket Box

dermotmunro
Getting Established

Merbau Pool Deck in WA with underground Pool Cover Blanket Box

So, bear with me, ill update as I progress,

we have just built a house in Western Australia, pool went in before the house. I have already done the glass pool fence, now I’m moving onto the pool area surrounds.

We tossed and turned with the ideas, deck, paving, grass, eventually settled on decking. Personally I hate composite decks. They look plastic and when I measured the temperatures on some surfaces at the pool display area last summer with a infrared heatgun, the ekodeck was about 8 - 10°c warmer than jarrah or merbau.

so we are going for merbau. It’s a low profile deck, minimal ground clearance. I probably went a bit overboard on the ground posts and beams, but rather over engineer than under engineer. Also, I don’t want a “springy” or spongy deck. So I decided to double the joists as per the span tables but space them 75mm apart.General Pool AreaGeneral Pool AreaUnderground Pool Cover BoxUnderground Pool Cover Box

Re: Merbau Pool Deck in WA with underground Pool Cover Blanket Box

Thanks for joining in the discussion @bradm. Let me tag @dermotmunro for you so they are alerted to your request for a photo of the blanket in the box.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects