Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My First project completed - Table for my Ceramic BBQ (Big green Egg Kamodo style BBQ)

james73
Growing in Experience

My First project completed - Table for my Ceramic BBQ (Big green Egg Kamodo style BBQ)

IMG_6112 (2).jpgI have not built anything with wood since I was a child .... and love what I achieved 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: My First project completed - Table for my Ceramic BBQ (Big green Egg Kamodo style BBQ)

That's a fantastic BBQ table you have put together there @james73. I trust you are very impressed with your efforts, and rightly so.

Could you provide some details on the project? I trust our members would be interested in hearing what type of timber you used and any difficulties in the construction process.

I bet you can't wait to get cooking on your new unit. Got any favourite things to grill?

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
james73
Growing in Experience

Re: My First project completed - Table for my Ceramic BBQ (Big green Egg Kamodo style BBQ)

Thanks Mitchell

Really wanted a table for the BBQ as wanted some prep area wanted to keep it as simple as possible 

For legs used 88x88 Dar pin to ensure was flat as possible built remaining frame with 100x50 pine sleepers

Finished with Merbau Decking 

Just waiting for it to weatherin then will paint legs back and will finish off the Merbau with furniture oil 

hardest but was doing the circle hole and getting the depth tight for the bbq to rest on ....rest was precut at my Local Bunnings store 

only equipment needed was jig saw and  drill 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Many thanks for the additional details @james73. I look forward to some actions shots once you get on the tongs!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects