Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My backyard deck project with Ekodeck

asifkhawaja
Building a Reputation

My backyard deck project with Ekodeck

Recently, I turned my boring ugly backyard into an amazing sitting area using the brand new Ekodeck decking. Here are a few photos of the different stages and the final finished deck. 

before and after.jpgIMG_0260.jpgIMG_0448.jpgIMG_0626.jpgIMG_0830.jpgIMG_0901.jpgIMG_0903.jpgIMG_0908.jpgIMG_0914.jpgIMG_0971.jpgIMG_0974.jpgIMG_0978.jpgIMG_0997.jpgIMG_1047.jpgIMG_1048.jpg

Re: My backyard deck project with Ekodeck

Hi @sankhadlt treated pine Framing 70 x 35mm for that concrete area sounds good and yes I fixed them to my alfresco tiles with screws/plugs (example here). I had to pre-drill holes in the tiles for the screws and plugs. In your case the concrete area seems sloping outwards so you would need to make sure the frame sits leveled on the concrete. Hope that helps.

Ekodeck
Getting Established

Looking good @asifkhawaja !

Stuckster
Getting Established

Great job @asifkhawaja especially for a first time effort! Lots to learn but looks very professional. The only two tips I would add to anyone else are joist tape, since much of it is uncovered and where the joists are laying on the tiles, use10mm plastic window packers to lift them up and allow for drainage. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Stuckster

Let me tag @asifkhawaja to make them aware of your kind words. Thank you very much for sharing those deck-building tips. I'm sure our members who are planning on building a low-level deck will find it useful.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jimmy89
Just Starting Out

@asifkhawaja This looks awesome, It is very similar to what we are trying to achieve. Quick question, did you secure the beams to the exiting concrete slab, or did you leave them floating? 

asifkhawaja
Building a Reputation

@Jimmy89 thanks Jimmy. Secured them with screws. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects