Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New Jarrah deck and screening

bonnitcha
Finding My Feet

New Jarrah deck and screening

Having to downsize as our children have left the state bought this unit in Midway. The back yard was big enough to create a nice family space for them to visit. With Tassie weather so unpredictable building a deck that we could utilise would be the best option. Whilst it wasn't easy trying to level it out and making sure it was square and compliant created a fantastic attractive deck. Using 120 Jarrah boards that were on special as they were not longer suitable from Bunnings and putting 1.8 palings on the existing unattractive fence along with the retailing wall using 200 x 75 ml sleepers. Finishing off with calbolts decking oil finish and black solar guard fencing paint and colbolts tinted stain to blend in the sleepers and finishing off with a gorgeous screen at the back door ended up with this amazing space and the outside table with Jarrah decking boards on an old table frame painted with high gloss spray paint. The potostrums planted to create a future hedge. Everything came from bunning!! Taking around two months to complete working  weekends and after work we are able to use this amazing space summer and winter!!

inbound5835033192217025097.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ready for family time

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bonnitcha. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this incredible project.

You created a perfect entertainment space to be proud of. I trust you're delighted with the overall finish. The decking is very impressive, and you've done a lovely job of tying everything together. I'm sure that the future hedge will look fabulous against the black fence paint.

We look forward to hearing about all the other projects you have going on around the house and garden. Please feel free to let us know whenever you have something to share.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects