Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor bathroom transformation

diybevo
Cultivating a Following

Outdoor bathroom transformation

Transformed an old concrete patio in the most luxurious outdoor bathroom, complete with waterfall water feature. Now you we can have a hot shower or soak in the freestanding bath listening to the tranquil sound of the water trickle down the waterfall feature. Star gazing behind the hand made barn doors. 

855A86CE-EB86-4880-BA18-87360B551458.jpeg

DC4BDF16-9A7B-4678-B65A-C42BEA7BDC6E.jpeg

F545D575-BE8F-4EFD-84D6-CF908BC3C9F6.jpeg

A0D79400-9651-4059-9A01-47EC28F40E41.jpeg

5EBFBCA5-7AED-434D-B67E-4FB562373401.jpeg

C7EE540E-B262-4F2C-AAF5-BCA9C8F73D11.jpeg

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Outdoor bathroom transformation

Hi diybevo..

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community..

Your project is stunning work and an inspiration to all interested in doing a similar job..

I'm sure it will be of great interest to many...

We wish you every success with your entry..

@Prof..

islandgirl
Cultivating a Following

I love this

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @diybevo. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this tremendous project.

Absolutely sensational project! What gave you the idea to create an outside bathroom? This is all really inspirational, and I trust you're just thrilled with the results. Did you use these Specrite Merbau Panels? They are one of my favourite screening options.

Get ready for plenty of questions about your incredible work. Any additional details you can provide on the steps you took to complete this stunning project would be highly appreciated.

I can't wait to see this project as part of our Top 10 most popular outdoor projects.

Many thanks for sharing once again, and great work!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
diybevo
Cultivating a Following

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for your kind words. We have always wanted to build an outdoor bathroom, My wife loves them. So this was our first attempt at one and we are so happy with how it came together. Yes we love the Specrite Merbau Panels. We have used them a number of times. But they look especially good here, they bring a durable warm finish. It really brings that natural feel. The black tap ware looks stunning against the timber as well.

We also loved using the James Hardy render look cement panels. They were a perfect wall lining to give the space privacy and painted up beautifully in Dulux monument. We used the pine decking from Bunnings as well. It is actually one of the best pine decking for quality we have used. So was very happy with that. The barn doors again I went with the merbau timber, to make some solid barn doors. They look really nice against the James hardy wall panels, to break up the look. 

Thanks for your interest in our project,

diybevo

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Massive wow from me @diybevo. Congratulations on an incredible result. What a luxurious space to come home to - your house must feel like a holiday resort. 

Great to have you join the Bunnings Workshop community. We're really looking forward to seeing what you share next with our wonderful members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects