Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor blinds/ Bistro Blinds

63boy
Just Starting Out

Outdoor blinds/ Bistro Blinds

Hi all!

Just wanted to get some ideas or tips on what I should do. 

This is the deck area, there's a staircase on the left that goes to the rest of the backyard and garage. 

We want to enclose this space with some bistro blinds. I'm pretty certain we will cover the whole right hand side so it's fully enclosed.

I am unsure what to do with the left side as it there is the walkway for the stairs. 

If anyone has any tips of ideas that'll be great! 

Also, tossing up between full plastic of the ash coloured mesh - any advice would be appreciated! right side ( fully enclosed wall to post)right side ( fully enclosed wall to post)unsure what to do for the walkwayunsure what to do for the walkway

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Outdoor blinds/ Bistro Blinds

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @63boy. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

If you want to fully enclose the area I don't believe the stairs would be any particular issue. There are the smaller panels Bistro Blinds 0.75mm PVC Outdoor Blind - 900mm x 2400mm Clear / Black and Bistro Blinds Outdoor Shade Blind - 900mm x 2400mm Ash which are a perfect width to be used at the stairs. You could simply have these smaller panels rolled up when access is needed to the backyard and garage.

Alternatively, If you wanted to add some greenery to the area you could have some plants in pots along the stair side or perhaps even some garden screening to add some interest.

It all really depends on why you are installing bistro blinds as to which one to select. Are they to block out the wind/sun/insects, for privacy, or perhaps to create a warmer environment in winter? The requirement will determine whether the mesh or full plastic is most suitable. 

Let me mention our resident outdoor design expert @diy_hausdesigns to see if they have some advice for this space.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for the reply!

Trying to get the measurements, when it says 2400mm, is that just the clear plastic or does it also include the top and bottom black bits for mounting? 

e.g is the clear plastic 2400mm plus a little bit more top and bottom or total length 2400mm 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @63boy,

I apologise for the delay in my reply.

The top black mounting portion is not included in the 2400mm drop but the black section at the bottom is. If you have a 2400mm gap the blind will touch the ground after mounting. The clear plastic section is less than 2400mm.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects