Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor cabana project

dgmcreative
Getting Established

Outdoor cabana project

Hi Guys

First time post so please go easy on me, I have just purchased a 3 bedroom house with a large sloping front garden and a smallish flat rear garden. 

The house needs a fair bit of standard work inside. However in the back garden is this random structure which currently houses an old shower and toilet it also has electric and sits on a concrete slap which stretches out to the left. 

I am basically looking for ideas and suggestions, What would you do with this space? or would you simply knock it down and start again? Completely open to suggestions, no idea is a bad one! I don't have any kids so no need for it to be child friendly. 

I would love to see some photos of your similar projects or suggestions to get the creative ideas flowing. 

Hope you can help 

Cheers 

David view from the houseview from the houseView from the small grass area looking back at the bus stopView from the small grass area looking back at the bus stopextra concrete slab to the leftextra concrete slab to the leftToilet on the left shower behind the door on the rightToilet on the left shower behind the door on the rightScreenshot_20180412-223533.pngScreenshot_20180412-223608.pngScreenshot_20180412-223700.png

Shane
Having an Impact

Re: Cabana? Shed? Outhouse ? Bus stop? Outdoor dinning? What would you do? Ideas needed!

Re: Cabana? Shed? Outhouse ? Bus stop? Outdoor dinning? What would you do? Ideas needed!

I think it would make a great self contained office/study.
The roof looks like its in good condition. As long as there is no ground water making its way over the floor or coming up from under the slab.
gets some walls up externally, plaster internal and blue board external. Tile the floor.
Cracking office or chill out room right there.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @JasonD and making your first post. I'm sure @dgmcreative appreciates the input. 

I'm looking forward to reading about your own projects and plans. Welcome aboard. Let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Jason I think your right. I dont bellieve there is any water coming up from underneath the slab, so a self containd office/study with an outdoor deck area comming off, is what I will look to do. 

I actaully measured the total area, including the concrete slab that comes out at the end and its 7300 x 4500 so a fairly decent size.  

I am almost tempted to approach a home make over show like better homes and gardens, to see if they would like a crack at it. 

New pictures attached IMG_20180415_151053.jpgIMG_20180415_151100.jpgIMG_20180415_151109.jpg

@dgmcreative

This is the ultimate home theater entertaiment area!!! Knock down all the walls. Keep the toilet. Re assemble with new walls. Carpet, seats an affordable projector and screen and presto! Your own personal theater. You can can have personal screenings of your favorite movies. If you link it to a set top box you can watch the footy (if your a fan) or of your favorite sport on the big screen! Call the boys over for a cold one and a movie! Can even be couples date night! The options are endless for entertaining.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Now that I have seen your pictures I would even extend that roof to make a covered bbq area along with the home theater.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Great idea @redracer01 Once I manage to save up enough money to get this project started I will keep the group updated

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects