Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor kitchen island

hazesnow
Making a Splash

Outdoor kitchen island

BB9F486A-221A-416B-BB57-A8F3CEF305BC.jpeg

E44F5782-AEC0-4CC5-BBB4-B0F6063ED8E4.jpeg

81252D65-A7B1-4FB3-B378-926A366ED95E.jpeg

6E709E49-346E-4404-8F56-129E300108C3.jpeg

1CE1758B-2C1A-4B9F-BCDA-90B0FABE07A2.jpeg

This all started with a vision in my head, my husband has 3 yes 3 types of BBQs, a kettle, a 6 burner and a bullet smoker! So I wanted to help him utilise them to their fullest and his fullest potential so figured I’d make an outdoor kitchen island bench for him! 
All of the materials except for the bench top are leftover material from previous projects. The bench is 1800mm long x 560mm wide x 920mm high without the top. The top is 2400x900x40mm will be able to seat 6 people around it! 
Cannot wait to post the finished product.    

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: outdoor kitchen island

Hi @hazesnow

I'm truly impressed with your building skills. Your outdoor kitchen island already looks impressive, have you decided what colour you'll be painting it with? Will you be integrating the barbecue units with the table or are they just sitting on top of the benchtop? I'm sure a lot of our members are very keen to see the table once it's fully assembled and painted. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to the big reveal.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Outdoor kitchen island

Hi @hazesnow 

It is very kind of you to build your husband this outdoor kitchen bench. I am sure your summer BBQs are what dreams are made of. 

I cannot wait to see how this turns out! It is already coming along beautifully. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: outdoor kitchen island

Thank you for your kind words @EricL im going to be painting the base cabinets monument, the front panels will be Colourbond fencing in Classic Cream and the top will be varnished with Monocel marine varnish! 
this will be just a prep and eating bench just BBQs will remain free standing! 

Re: Outdoor kitchen island

Thank you @KatieC he does love his bbqs 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects