Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor shower set up

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Outdoor shower set up

Summer is fast approaching and one of the things I wish I built was an outdoor shower for my kids! But the idea passed by as I was too busy swimming with my boys and the misus. So in the excellent tradition of hindsight and if onlys. I give you my dear workmates the opportunity to create the "Gold coast special" as my son called it. 

Parts list :

2 x 20mm pvc pipes at 1 meter long each

1 x 20 mm gate valve

2 x 20 mm female couplers with one side with a male threaded end.

1 x 20mm 90 degree elbow

1 x 20mm 90 degree elbow with one end with a threaded female end.

1 x 20mm brass nipple.

1 x 20mm to 15mm brass nipple

1 x 20mm coupler with one side with a threaded female end.

Now I'm sure some of you creatives out there are thinking "I've got a better idea" by all means have at it! This is just a suggested lay out if you have a more creative approach don't let me stop you. Whats important is that we build it and enjoy it for the summer! Clip on the garden hose and enjoy!Clip on the garden hose and enjoy!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Outdoor shower set up!

https://www.bunnings.com.au/hy-clor-9l-outdoor-shower_p0067195e66874f9-4736-48da-967e-a67435589a6f.png

Not as DIY but you get warm water and it comes in 3 sizes if this small one isn't big enough.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Outdoor shower set up!

@redracer01

I'm a bit too soft to have a cold shower, even after a swim! 

We weren't sure whether to install an outdoor shower as part of our games room and pool project but two years on have found we use it a lot. You can see it in the photos here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Backyard-games-room-project/td-p/93/page/3

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Outdoor shower set up

Did you ever get around to this project @redracer01?

I saw this project pop up in the media overnight - "epic outdoor Bunnings shower".

Looks really good. 

Jason

Shower.png

BoeingFan
Becoming a Leader

Love love love this... Have to try to pry open the wallet and successfully navigate the moth swarm... Outdoor shower here we come :laugh:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @BoeingFan

If you have any questions about this project, please don't hesitate to ask. We'll be more than happy to provide advice and information.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects