Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor steps

Journey
Just Starting Out

Outdoor steps

Hi There, 
Looking For Some Information On How To Make Outdoor Steps. Never Done DYI However, It's Never To Late To Learn.  How Many Steps Do I Need? Do I Need A Permit? I Know I Need Instructions. LOL. Oh, And How To I. Measure For The Steps So Any Info Would Be Really Appreciated. Coming Up 60 Years I'm Ready For My First Mission. 

Thanks Kindly Folks 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Outdoor Steps

Hi @Journey,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us and absolutely concur that it is never too late to learn.

You might like to start with this guide - How to build outdoor steps

Then you might like to come back here and share some photos and a basic plan of what you want to do so our members have a better idea of what you are working with and what you want to achieve. I'm sure that our ever-helpful resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc will be excited to be able to assist you bring the project to life. 

We look forward to reading about all your other projects and plans for around the house and garden in the coming months. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members. Please let us know whenever you need a helping hand.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Outdoor steps

It's great to have you join us @Journey.

Did you check out the guide @Jason provided above? Our pre-cut treated Pine stair sets make it super simple to install your own steps at home. Your starting height and fall determines the number of stairs required and which set you should purchase.

I'm interested in seeing those images and hearing additional details on your project. Please let me know if you have further questions or need assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects