Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Patio enclosure

RS
Getting Established

Patio enclosure

Hello folks, I've a 3X3 patio under the main roof of the house. I've been evaluating options to convert it to an enclosed area to be used as an outdoor dining space. However every thought has been turned down by the council. They don't approve sunroom, bifold doors, roller shutters, glass enclosures etc. The only option in left with is outdoor blinds. Can someone please give me some ideas for this project which would be acceptable by council and would keep flies, bugs and reason out from the patio.

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Patio enclosure

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @RS!

You've come to the right place for creative solutions. Do you think you could upload a photo of the patio area so we get a sense of the space that we're working with?

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Patio enclosure

Hi @RS,

I'll be looking forward to seeing those images of your patio area. As councils have the ability to set their own guidelines regarding facades of buildings, it would be hard for our members to offer suggestions that comply with your council's regulations.

It sounds like they might be in favour of non-permanent additions, which include outdoor blinds. Is there any reason you don't want to use them for your project, as they would certainly keep insects and the weather out of your patio?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects