Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Patio renovation

kathd
Getting Established

Patio renovation

Hi,

we are renovating our 20 year old cottage in SE Queensland and are stuck with our patio which is a terrible mix. One of our challenges is to hide the septic and grey water tanks that throne in the middle....We would like to cover the middle part somehow to reduce the Western heat in summer aswell, probably extend the pergola ?? Ideas are more than welcome. We don't have a huge budget unfortunatly ! WP_20181128_08_20_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20190224_13_06_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20190224_13_05_59_Pro.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Patio renovation

@kathd

Welcome to Workshop. We're pleased to have you join the community and look forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand. I'm sure our members will be happy to provide suggestions and advice for this challenge as well as many others to come. 

One thing I would suggest to help members give you more informed advice on this one is to share a few more photos from different angles so the community can see what you are working with. 

Please also feel free to let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the Workshop site or have any feedback about how we can improve it for you.

Thanks for joining in the discussion,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

@kathd

A raised timber deck that extends right across the area would be amazing. But if that's too expensive/ambitious at least it should extend to your back door so that you could get rid of the pavers and gravel and perhaps look at something like a firepit and or some built-in seating with some garden beds and planting to soften the area?

7332d4e5de49fbd18b9f2b3c64ffd709.jpg   richmond-sand-gravel-landscaping-fire-pit-lismore.jpg

kathd
Getting Established

Thanks Isobel !

yes, my first idea was to just deck it all, it would cover all the imperfections but it is a bit costly!

I love the pictures you shared ! We still have the struggle of the septic tank, I need to check if it's not dangerous near a firepit for example 😅

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects