Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pave small part of corner

Ambi
Just Starting Out

Pave small part of corner

Newbie to DIY. I need some suggestion on easy stone/brick paving or cementing a small corner of the house. Land is of soil  and some grass which i have cleaned. I am thinking of paving bricks witch some gaps and add easy mixer\cement\mortar after few days? will that hold the bricks\paver? or should I use bigger paver stones fill the sides with stones or pebbles....??

Suggestion are WELCOMED !

Many Thanks in advance.

IMG_8365.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pave small part of corner

Welcome to the Workshop community @Ambi. It's great to have you join us and I'd be happy to kick off the discussion.

First, you should be removing enough soil from the area as to lower it below the level of the black pit. If you intend to lay 40mm pavers you would take 60mm away so you can lay a 20mm sand bed then the pavers. This will bring the top of the paver flush with the pits grate.

You might like to poison the grass first or add a layer of weed mat to prevent the grass from growing up between the pavers. Before laying the pavers ensure the area is adequately compacted and level with a preference to sloping away from the house.

If you have further questions or need assistance, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pave small part of corner

Hi @Ambi,

Welcome to the Workshop community. It's great to have you join us. 

I trust Mitchell's reply was very helpful to you.

You might also find the guide How to lay paving for a path by @Adam_W very useful for learning the principles of a paving project. Adam and other helpful members like @Yorky88 might also like to contribute to the discussion and give you some further suggestions about how best to tackle your project. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects