Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pergola colour

Kimberley90
Finding My Feet

Pergola colour

PERGOLA.jpg

Struggling to decide on colour for pergola. Should we go with the fence colour (which is similar to roof) or use a contrasting colour. 

Note all the dirt will be covered in grass and decking is merbau.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Pergola colour

Mission Brown in Dulux range.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kimberley90,

Looks like a great area for outdoor entertaining. Well done. What are you going to have under the pergola? And are you going to have anything growing on it?

I'm sure Workshop members will be happy to share their suggestions for this project and many others to come in the future. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something new to share - we have loads of clever and creative members sharing helpful advice and inspiration. 

Welcome to the community,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Jason,

will have a seating area- likely to be couches underneath and dining table to the right.

at the moment we are going to go with ironstone colorbond.. will match the fence but worried it will make it look to dark. would love to hear everyone’s thought.

Massive fan of Dulux Domino. Give it a bold, standout colour and accessorise with whites and greens from plants.
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Dulux Domino always a winner - really makes nearby greenery pop. 

Eg https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Fence-makeover/m-p/279

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Further context to @MartyH comment. I did Dulux Domino on my entry wall and this pic has some greenery in it. Note - Skirting and area unfinished so don't judge :smile:

dominowall.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

We just did our pergola in Monument - pretty similar to domino but I think its more charcoal ie neutral - I think Domino can pick up sky blue and go quite blue outdoors.

Its worth noting that everyone is going for darker colours - this makes an item "dissappear" into the background visually rather than obstructing your view like white might do.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion and sharing your experience @benjic. I'm sure other members like @Kimberley90 value your input. 

We're really pleased you could join the Workshop community and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans. As you browse the posts we're sure you'll find loads of inspiration and helpful information. 

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I would go with matching the fence.  With a nice climber the green leaves will really stand out.  Clematis is favorite but I would go with white flowered one and a white climbing rose.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects