Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pergola to be installed on the Concrete base

akash
Just Starting Out

Pergola to be installed on the Concrete base

Hi,

I need tips for what to consider when building a pergola onto the Concrete base.

I've the following measurements already:

Height of the Post 2329mm

Width 4300mm

Lenght 3200mm

Thanks,

Akash

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pergola to be installed on the Concrete base

Hi @akash,

Great to see you joining in the discussion on Workshop. 

Sounds like a fantastic project. You might like to share some photos of the area so members can see what you are working with and give more informed advice. Is there anything specific that you are currently wanting help with?

I would also recommend you start here with this excellent three-part series on how to build a pergola, featuring Workshop member @JasonD - https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/outdoor/decking/how-to-build-a-pergola-overview

Here are also many other pergola discussions on this site that might provide tips and inspiration for you. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Yep, suggest you post a little more detail about what you are after @akash. I'm sure there will be plenty of people happy to help. This is a popular topic.

akash
Just Starting Out

@MartyH, Just need some space outside for BBQ & entertaining area
Johnno78
Getting Established

The Bunnings warehouse Diy videos on the bunnings website are handy to look at espicially when it comes to pegolas and DIY projects also if you look into the DIY area of your local bunnings store we stock phamplets of DIY projects ( free of charge ) also books of step by step projects assure there are projects of pergolas and whole house builds.

Question is will it be free standing or attached from the house and are you in a high wind area just a few things to think about . Pryda is one of the best connector and fasteners you can get for your projects but firstly like jason said lok at the videos and take it from there.

Being a bunnings employee all your fasterners and connections will all be in the same isle 👍
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Yeah sorry @akash. I should have been clearer. I meant that it would be good if you could tell us exactly what help you are after. What are you struggling with? Have you got any photos or plans you could share?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects