Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: Do you barbecue in winter?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: Do you barbecue in winter?

Hi everyone,

On the front page you'll notice that we have a new feature on Workshop - discussion polls. We will update the polls regularly and hope you enjoy participating. 

The early results from our first poll suggest Workshop members might be a little soft! Don't forget to add your vote and feel free to discuss the topic by replying below. 

Jason

SausagesBBQ.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rexster
Finding My Feet

Re: Poll: Do you barbecue in winter?

yeah BBQ regularly in winter, the barbie is out the back door so not hard to slip out there. The only problem i have to deal with is there are often kangaroos standing next to it and we both get a fright when it is dark and i go out the back door.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @rexster and a very warm welcome to Workshop. It's fantastic to have you join the community. I hope you find plenty of useful information and advice on the site. And I look forward to reading about your own plans and projects. Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason

Barker
Cultivating a Following

It's not so much the cold that's the problem it's the dark. It can be hard to see if the food is cooked or not!

@Barker - the darkness is no excuse!

bbq-light.jpg

Absolutely, BBQ all year round. Especially big roasts.
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

Absolutely.  Ours gets a flogging all year round.  I think the only time we give it a rest is when we stick a roast or a beer can chook on the webber.  Nothing like a nice piece of dead animal on the ol' BBQ with a refreshing ale in hand.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Jason

Today, I cooked a feast of 5Kg of diced roo, & 2Kg of diced beef with herbs, on our gas fired outdoor wok, does that count?

@rexster

Kangarros don't scare me. ; )

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your votes everyone, the poll is now closed. It seems Workshop members are made of the right stuff, after all. 

Here's the final results:

BBQPoll.png

I find that I do grill more in winter, but still smoke where I can. On cold days, particularly wet and windy ones, it can be hard to hold a consistent temperature for long slow cooking. It its a good day though, lets get those coals going.
Happiness is a full smoker - moonshinebbq.com.au

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects