Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: Would you prefer a pool or a spa?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: Would you prefer a pool or a spa?

The weather is finally starting to warm up across the country, leading many people to consider installing a pool. Meanwhile, those lucky enough to already own a pool are busy cleaning in readiness for the swimming season. 

But spa owners don't need to wait until the sun is shining to take a dip - they can enjoy their spa all year round.

The latest Workshop poll asks whether you prefer a pool or a spa.

Let us know by voting in the poll on the front page of Workshop, and feel free to explain your preference by replying to the discussion below.

Thanks for joining in the conversation.

Jason

Poolside.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Poll: Would you prefer a pool or a spa?

Well done @BibbyKat, you made the perfect choice, your circumstances are unique, & you sized your spa for your needs, not a bigger party bath that can accommodate the occasional crowd.

It makes sense on every level.

A pool would've been overkill, way more expensive to buy & maintain, & you wouldn't have been able to do what you can comfortably do now, with an off the shelf pool.

Gee @Andy_Mann, I'm all hot and bothered after 'trying' to absorb all that tech info - guess I'll go for a swim to cool down. Cheers

Pool for me every time. Being in a spa with or without ( who knows who left their DNA in there - yuk ) others makes me feel like a crouton in a bowl of skin soup. No chemicals/cleaning systems could change that for me.
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

But @Trying, your absolutely authentic, natural Australian setting pool wouldn't be heated though, would it? :giggle: :wink:

Too right @Andy_Mann ! Can you imagine the winter water temperature ?:drool:

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Trying, I'm in thermal shock just thinking about it. :wink:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Most Workshop members prefer having a dip in a pool compared to a spa.

Despite the attraction of warmer water and being able to enjoy it all year round, our recent poll found just 23 per cent of the community would prefer a spa to a pool.

PoolPoll.png

Many thanks for joining in the conversation. Feel free to continue the discussion below, or click on the following links to other pool-related discussions on Workshop.

New pool - what should I ask?

Fiberglass or Concrete pool?

My fibreglass pool install

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

I see Hannah and Clint’s addition of a spa on The Block was ridiculed by the judges. I wasn't sure about the "above ground" plunge pool either... 

I didn't see the episode @Isobel but saw a preview with someone using a shipping container.

What was the criticism for? Just the fact is was above ground?

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects