Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pool area fencing idea

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Pool area fencing idea

Hi friends.

A friend of mine needs a solution to a pool fencing/barrier issue and I'm hoping you creative folk can come up with something for her/us. To meet Australian Standard re pool barrier, NCZ, etc she needs to install something at a 60degree angle down from the side fence to the top of the limestone wall (approx 1200mm long). The width of the top of the limestone wall is 140mm. Whatever the solution, it can't be higher than the side fence.

IMG-20191217-WA0003.jpg

• I suggested getting matching limestone blocks and cutting so it matches best. Cleanest option but quite expensive given minimum order amount, etc.
  • We could just install a thin colorbond sheet but a) it won't look very nice, and b) it'll be very flimsy at just 140mm wide and c1200mm long.
  • I thought of 3D printing something but the size is just too big.

What would you do?

Thanks very much 😀

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Re: Pool area fencing idea

Hi @ProjectPete - something in timber? Or does the relevant standard not allow? Cheers Deb

Timber is acceptable by the Standard.

Did think of making a wedge shape out of formply and painting it. 

----------
Handy and helpful

Is it likely to be in regular contact with water from the pool @ProjectPete?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

No water from pool. Just rain.

----------
Handy and helpful

Hi @ProjectPete - that sounds ok, perhaps it could have some sort of attractive screening on it. I was actually thinking of 3 or 4 triangular frames fixed to the limestone wall, then decking on it? I must admit I’m not 100% sure where the 60 degrees has to be, so I might be completely out of box on this 😂 cheers

60 degree slope from side fence to limestone wall, so right-to-left in the photo.

I just popped to Bunnings for some inspo and landed on a simple bracket setup and decking as the solid material on the 60degree angle - great minds 😀

Nothing flash but it'll do the job. Tick the box for the Standard for now.

I'm doing a feature fence for them in the new year but her inspection is in a week or so.

Thanks all!

----------
Handy and helpful
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

I saw this mob online don't know if it will work for you guys.

Screenshot_20200126-103303_Chrome.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

Went for a simple timber solution in the end as it's only temporary anyway until I do a full feature fence at the house.

Length of 70x45 with an angle cut then attached form ply with necessary mitre cuts to achieve the 60deg angle requirement. Decking wasn't wide enough once I reviewed the requirements in more detail.

Problem solved :smile: 

----------
Handy and helpful

Can we see the after photo ?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects