Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Re-surfacing pebblecrete

JRRed
Building a Reputation

Re-surfacing pebblecrete

Front porch westFront porch westIMG_5669.JPGLast year I posted that I had had my pebblecrete pool completely re-surfaced.  (See my first post for before and after).

Now I would like to get my front porch, which is also pebblecrete, resurfaced.  I have had some quotes to have it skimmed with concrete but they seem very expensive. 

The porch is undercover and buts up to a grey concrete drive.  As I would like to paint my driveway dark grey again, I thought a matching concrete porch would be nice.  

Is there a product I could use to re-finish the pebblecrete?  I was thinking maybe something like a paving paint.

Does it need to be sealed first?  I am really clueless when it comes to DIY but I'm willing to have a go at it.

Thanks for all your help in the past.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Re-surfacing pebblecrete

Hi @JRRed. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist with it.

Paving paints have great difficulty adhering to Pebblecrete surfaces. If you would like to remove the Pebblecrete you can use Megatreat's textured primer coat. You can then colour the primer with Megatreat's Liquid Sandstone in charcoal colour (there are a couple of colours in the dark grey range). Both these products are available through the Bunnings Special Orders desk at your local store.

There is further information about our range of Megatreat products on the Bunnings website if you would like to know what else is available.

I look forward to seeing what our helpful Workshop community members have done with their own Pebblecrete, as I'm sure this will be a popular discussion.

If you would like any further information about these products, please feel free to let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JRRed
Building a Reputation

I'll have to wait til the Bunnings site is up and running again.  Most unfortunate with the timing.  I do a lot of research on the Bunnings site, but  a little frustrated that I can no longer access my wishlists.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JRRed,

Apologies for any frustration caused. Can I ask what problem you are currently having? I'm not currently experiencing any issues accessing the Bunnings site and/or my wish lists.  

Thanks,

Jason

JRRed
Building a Reputation

Hi,

Thanks for that.  A one day hitch that has righted itself.  

Is it possible to see what it looks like once it's done.  I can see what it says it does...but would love to see the finished result.  It certainly sounds like the sort of thing I'm looking for.  

JRRed

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @JRRed,  

The Megatreat gallery shows some examples of what can be achieved. Other community members might also like to share their results. Hope this assists in your choice, but please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

Jacob
Just Starting Out

If you do an acid wash with a deck brush, you should clean and knock enough off the top (think cut and polish your car) to restore it to its former glory.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience @Jacob. I'm sure @JRRed appreciates the advice.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts soon as it sounds like you have plenty to share with the community. We also trust you'll get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects in return from the rest of our members. Please don't hesitate to post anytime. 

Welcome,

Jason 

JRRed
Building a Reputation

Hi,

Thank you so much for the advice re-resurfacing my front porch.
It looks a million times better now it has been resurfaced.  It is now a lovely slate grey colour.  Trouble is...now my terracotta pots look daggy.

I would like to get my stamped-concrete drive re-surfaced in the near future... but all things considered I am very happy with the result.IMG_5711 (1).JPG

Looking westLooking west

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @JRRed,

What a great transformation! What product did you end up going with?

Many thanks for sharing the update with us.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects