Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Repair gutter fixing to the pegola

Pwsingh
Getting Established

Repair gutter fixing to the pegola

My gutter is installed to the pergola recently and when it rains,the water flows out of the gutter.It’s lurching to the outside 

9F2F6A3C-FACF-48AE-8C71-377FA3FA6162.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: gutter fixing to the pegola

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Pwsingh. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

The number of gutter brackets could be inadequate to hold the guttering up under the additional weight of the water. The maximum gap between gutter brackets should not be more than one meter. If there is no bracket placed on that central rafter, then I would suggest addition brackets need to be installed.

Alternatively, the fall of the gutter might not be sufficient. You'd want at least 20mm fall over a 4-meter span.

Can you please let us know if every rafter has a bracket and how far apart the current brackets are. It might also be worth getting up there to confirm whether the bracket has bent down or if the top fixings have pulled out of the rafter. It could be difficult to check the fall on the gutter, but if you measure from the top of the gutter down to the ground at both ends, it might show if there is inadequate fall.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell, I’ll try doing that and will let you know the update,much appreciated, thanks 

Hi @PwsinghDid it work for you as I have the same issue . Thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Repair gutter fixing to the pegola

Hello @ritu

Let me tag @Pwsingh so that they are alerted to your question. I am curious as well to see if he managed to repair his gutter bracket issue.

Do you have the same gutter issue? Is your gutter tipping out because of a lack of gutter support? If you post a photo I'm sure our ever-helpful members will offer advice and recommendations on how to repair it.

If you have any projects we can help with please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects