Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Revamped balcony with faux grass

hazesnow
Making a Splash

Revamped balcony with faux grass

So this weekend I helped my son @oheyitsbeano and his beautiful partner do up their balcony space turn a blank balcony space into a beautiful green space with faux grass! 

370B124F-B5E2-4201-B9BE-58B21C582AEB.jpeg

8E4CC724-040B-477E-941E-78375F8B92DF.jpeg

0DA22DB7-52C7-42B4-A28F-D95867D04280.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Revamped balcony with faux grass

Amazing work @hazesnow! It's incredible the difference that can be achieved with some fake turf.

That wall is now crying out for some artificial plant greenery. Here's a handy guide to one I made: How to build a plant wall feature. You can Special Order some lovely luxury tiles that are a lot fuller, combine several types of leaves and look much more convincing than standard tiles.

You and @oheyitsbeano might like to knock up a Custom air conditioner cover and barbecue stand with your handy skills. That would be exceptionally cool.

Many thanks for sharing. I trust many of our members with similar balconies will be looking to re-create your project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

That’s what we are thinking of doing for the aircon unit! But @oheyitsbeano has put up fairy lights too! 
will be putting plants out there soon too! 

My partner and I are actually considering expanding to a Multi-split AC first before @hazesnow and I embark on the Aircon Cover journey. 

The idea is to either go with a Fujitsu or an MHI 8kW multi-head system so that we can use smaller 2kW aircons in the office and at night during summer (seeing as we can't stick solar panels on our roof, we need to save power wherever we can)

I love the idea of adding a benchtop to the aircon cover, that'll be perfect for if we want to say, have guests over in summer. 

We've also installed a side-mounted screen that allows us to help cut down the heat that permeates into the balcony during summer too. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @oheyitsbeano

You're in luck there was a discussion about the very thing you're thinking about - A custom air conditioner cover and barbecue stand by @DoSimpleBetter. I agree that the ventilation unit of a split head aircon is something that should be disguised to help it blend in with its surroundings. 

Eric

G'day Eric! 

Well, i know it's been a while between replies, but we just managed to get around to making our air-con cover. 

https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Outdoor/DIY-Air-conditioner-cover/td-p/131772

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @oheyitsbeano

I saw your project and it looks great. I'm sure our members will appreciate the details you've shared with your project.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects