Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

SWAP 'n' GO Questions

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

SWAP 'n' GO Questions

Hello Bunnings.

Does the price vary from store to store or can some sites still be displaying old prices?

1.PNG

2.PNG

Thanks.

More questions to follow.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: SWAP 'n' GO Questions

Is there any difference in Swap 'n' Go gas 8.5 kg cylinders?

A trademark brand?

Could I take this photo (@ 1030 hrs today) to Bunnings - and ask them to match the price?

20220809_103108.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Noyade,

You have the price for a straight 8.5kg bottle exchange and then the price to exchange and upgrade from the 3.7kg to the larger 8.5kg bottle prices there. One you're paying for just the gas, the other you're paying for the gas and then the upgrade to the larger bottle. That's why it's more expensive.

Our team in-store will be more than happy to match and beat that price by 10% for you.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc 

Yeah, I see where I went wrong there - 'exchange'. Apologies.

When in the Albury Bunnings store a staff member told me that across the Murray in the Wodonga Bunnings, some tool prices for the same product could be as much as $10 cheaper - would this really be the case?

So I was wondering if gas prices may be different from store to store.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

I use to swap cylinders at an independent service station - astronomical price.

Then swapped at Bunnings - but sometimes, parking issues, queues and locating someone with the cage key.

So I tried refilling at independent service stations - that's worthy of a new thread. Dangerous.

Then I tried Barbeques Galore. Could be a myth - they refill to 9kg(?). But since August they have increased the price to $24.99.

I sometimes thought if you keep refilling the same cylinder the pressure certification may expire and they won't refill. Had that happen once.

Then I thought go back to swapping.

Today I filled up at BP and my jaw dropped at their swap price.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Noyade 

Bunnings Albury and Wodonga have consistent pricing across their products. Sometimes a particular store will have clearance priced items based off damaged stock or overstocks. However, that would be the case at both of those locations.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

Thanks Mitchell @MitchellMc 

I thought as much.

One thing I did notice in Albury was an abundance of Hikoki - which I understand is another branding for Hitachi?

None at my home store.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Noayde

I've read some fantastic reviews about the Hikoki tool range and when you compare it to the other tool sets, it has excellent quality and reasonable pricing.  

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects