Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sanding weatherboards before painting

razor
Finding My Feet

Sanding weatherboards before painting

Sander.png

I would like some advice on the best way to sand paint chips on my weather boards before i paint the whole house

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sanding weatherboards before painting

Welcome to Workshop @razor and thanks for joining in the discussion. I'm sure Workshop members will be more than happy to share advice with you for this project and many others to come in the future. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand. And let me know if you have any feedback about how we could improve Workshop for you or if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site.

I'll now hand over to members to share their thoughts, but in the meantime you might get some helpful tips from these previous discussions:

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Just some sandpaper, cork block and elbow grease I reckon @razor. How bad is it and how big is the job? Prep is key for getting a great result at the end, though.

thanx marty it is not that bad so i will do as you said sand paper and elbow grease
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Hi @razor,

I'd invest in at least a palm sander. You can pick up a corded option for as little as $40.00, Ozito brand comes to mind. It will save you a-lot of 'elbow-grease' and allow to you get into all those nooks and crannies with the small sanding pads.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

thanx for the tip will go and get one.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects