Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Side access painting

Chie
Having an Impact

Side access painting

I just want to share my recent painting work.

I have been doing budget make-over on our first home, and finally cleaned and painted our side access area.
I'm just amazed how powerfully painting works!

I used Dulux weathershield (Lowsheen / Surfmist).
(Thanks for a bucket of Jellybeans!)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Chie
Having an Impact

Re: Side access painting

Here is a little update!

I ended up painting the fence the same color as the exterior of the house - Dulux Weathershield Dune Color.

It's just temporary because the fence is very old and needs to be replaced someday. At least, painting makes us see the space as a whole, no focal point on the filthy fence anymore (I think)!

Until replacing the fence in the future, I'm thinking of getting some plants, outdoor furniture and decorations to get some nice vibe :smile:

AfterAfterAfterAfterBeforeBeforeBeforeBefore

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Chie

Thank you very much for that update. I think your idea of painting the fence white as well brings everything together. Having that old timber fence in a different finish just made it stand out. But now that you've painted it white, it looks refreshed and blends in very well with its surroundings.  

I look forward to seeing the plants and furniture you've chosen to make your side access even more appealing.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Chie

The painted fence really draws it together. It feels modern and tidy now.

Dave

Ari
Having an Impact

Wow, what a great change, thank you for taking the time to share @Chie 

I too have unattractive brick pavers that won’t be replaced for a few more years - I had never thought to paint them but you’ve definitely provided inspiration!  Nice one.

Chie
Having an Impact

Hi @Ari , thank you!
I'm very happy about the result, too.
It's just amazing to know how effective painting can be!
The side access area had been neglected before because of the dullness, but now I love the space so much :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects