Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Simple outdoor kitchen set up

makingmyhive
Growing in Experience

Simple outdoor kitchen set up

Built this outdoor kitchen area for my husband as a surprise 40th Birthday present. It has had a lot of use, particularly in the warmer months!

Started with a Kaboodle kitchen base cupboard and a Matador bar fridge. Used some framing timbers to build legs/framing which were painted black and then clad with merbau decking boards. A free standing BBQ next to our kitchen/bar to finalise the set-up. Turned out significantly cheaper than any other outdoor kitchen options that I could find. House 030.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Simple outdoor kitchen set up

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @makingmyhive. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your outdoor kitchen project.

Wow! That looks like a particularly functional space that would be a joy to prepare meals in. I'm sure your husband was exceptionally pleased with your handiwork. How long did it take to complete, and did you encounter any difficulties?

I love your work and can't wait to check out your other projects.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Simple outdoor kitchen set up

Thanks Mitchell, he does love it!

The construction took one Saturday morning and then I spent a little more time oiling the decking boards over the next day. The only difficulty I had was making sure the legs/framing were level on the uneven pavers. I just headed to Bunnings and got some adjustable feet and that levelled it up beautifully! Levelling the Kaboodle cupboard and bar fridge was easy as they come with the adjustable feet already!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects