Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small screen project and plinth install

Scribble
Getting Established

Small screen project and plinth install

Hi Everyone,

The property on our new build is slightly lower than the neighbours and he had put paving in place 15 years ago, which went under the fence, so I was unable to install colorbond plinthing - to stop his sand falling onto my concrete.

Instead, I was able to get hold of a different brand plinth and make it fit partially under the fence panels. - this would then form the base that my Bunnings screens would sit on.  I did two separate areas, using the plinthing as follows

SECTION 1:

Here are a couple of pics (I ran a drying roller over them to add a touch of colour)... I didn't want them all one colour.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

SECTION 2:

IMG_20200815_100359.jpgIMG_20200815_153721.jpgIMG_20200815_160126.jpgIMG_20200822_170144.jpgIMG_20200822_170240.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Small screen project and plinth install

Hi @Scribble,

That's a great way to think outside the box and solve a troublesome issue. I've found a great deal of Doing It Yourself is about pivoting around issues and finding solutions to problems that would ultimately inhibit completion of a project.

Many thanks for sharing your project as I trust anyone with a similar issue will appreciate your solution.

We look forward to seeing your next project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Small screen project and plinth install

Thanks, I have a few more projects I'll upload soon, I have more detailed info and pictures on the rest, this was just my first one I only took a few photos of.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects