Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Timber BBQ table

GeoffB
Having an Impact

Timber BBQ table

IMG_1477.JPGIMG_1478.JPGIMG_1463.JPG

This is a solid timber table for my sons BBQ area.

The table is made from two types of timber.

The bulk of the table is made from Larch ( some people call it New Zealand Oregon).

The other coloured panels are Douglas Fir ( Oregon)

The beading between the slats and the external frame is larch and stained with Feast & Weston Walnut.

The table top is finished with clear Feast & Weston satin varnish.

The legs fold up for easy storage when not in use.

Another table coming for next week.

Thanks for all the likes and comments.

Geoff.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Timber BBQ table

Hello @GeoffB 

This is beautifully done. Style and design is top notch. Excellent finish. Would love to build one for myself.

Cheers 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Thank you for your comment.

If there is any thing / advice i can help you with do not hesitate to ask I may be able to help.

Geoff.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Lovely work once again, @GeoffB. I really like that gapped look you've achieved. Would you mind explaining how the legs fold up? I trust many of our members would be interested to see that, as storage of tables like these can often be quite difficult with fixed legs.

Great job.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

IMG_1502.JPGTo make the legs of this table able to fold up I have made the top end of the leg half round and fixed it to the side rail of the table with a bolt . There are two washers between the leg and the side rail to allow the leg to turn between the open and closed position.

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

@GeoffB   Wow this is lovely.   Something I would pay good money for in a high end store.  I love the little bit of black trim you have added..  Really makes it pop...

Thank you for sharing.   I've been checking you what people are making out of recycled timbers as I'm toying with making something myself and came across this lovely table, after seeing your stunning table I am second guessing what I had in mind.. 

Just love this..

This old gal

Thank you for you comment it is much appreciated. If you need any help with your project I would be happy to offer some advice or a helping hand.

Geoff.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects