Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Timber cut list for building outdoor kitchen

jherren
Finding My Feet

Timber cut list for building outdoor kitchen

If I wanted this kitchen set up to be 2500mm wide, 600mm deep and 1850mm tall, with the awning being on a 45degree incline and 500mm, is there any chance someone could mock up a cutlist for me? Using timber, thanks :smile: 

16CD393E-5B9D-4858-A5BE-0F63F8DBB29D.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Timber cut list for building outdoor kitchen

Welcome to the Workshop community @jherren. Looks like a great project to help transform your outdoor entertaining. Let me tag @MitchellMc to see if he could assist you with sketching up a plan and the timber dimensions needed. 

Thanks for joining us. We trust you'll receive loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects around the home and garden from our wonderful community as we have clever and creative members posting on the site every day. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @jherren. I'd be pleased to help assist with your list.

I have selected the materials based on them being suitable for exterior use. The pine is primed and ready for paint. If you were interested in the raw pine look, the same sizes apply but not the links I have supplied. Please note that untreated pine is not recommended for exterior use.

Primed Pine Posts 88 x 88mm- Three posts at 1.8m (rear uprights) and three posts at 0.9m (front uprights).

Primed Pine Boards 138x 18mm- Six boards at 2.5m (front and back of base/roof), four boards at 0.6m (sides of base) and six boards at 0.8m. (Roof supports, extra length on docking cuts to allow the 45 degree cuts to be made afterwards. 0.5m between cuts.)

Hardwood Marine Plywood 2440 x 1220 x 18mm- Two pieces at 600 x 2440mm (top and bottom bench/storage). Note that due to your selected length of 2.5m, infill strips will be needed to make up the difference.

Corrugated Zinc Steel Roofing- Three sheets cut to 2.5m (backing), two sheets 3 pcs cut to 550mm (roof).

Treated Pine Screws 50mm- Screws suitable to use with the treated pine.

We look forward to seeing your outdoor kitchen project come together. If there is any further information you need, please feel free to ask.

Mitchell

Thank you guys so much! such great help here I'm incredibly grateful, is it possible to take this cutlist into my local bunnings to get priced? Thanks again!

Jaron

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Jaron (@jherren

I've done a rough calculation on the total for the project including all timber and the corrugated sheeting. It comes to just over $800 (this is an approximate price and is affected by available sizes in-store). If you note down the item number (located below the item description and above the price on the Bunnings website) and the sizes needed, a team member in-store will match those to the closest lengths available.

I hope this is of assistance to you when making a decision about your project.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects