Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Treated pine wishing well

Demo
Having an Impact

Treated pine wishing well

IMG_0072.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Treated pine wishing well

Looks fantastic @Demo. Well done. 

Can I ask why you built the wishing well? And do you have any tips for other members who might like to build something similar? You obviously have fantastic skills and experience to share. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. I trust you will receive loads of inspiration and helpful advice for your projects from our clever and creative members, and it certainly seems you can offer the community a great deal in return. 

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next. Please feel free to post anytime you have something to share or need a hand with a project. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Demo
Having an Impact

Hi Jason, I have made 3 of them now, the first was for my partner and when her friends saw it, they wanted one.  I don't have any carpentry skills whatsoever, in fact, I was terrible at woodwork in school. I used a compound mitre saw to cut the timber and a join-a-jig to pre-drill the screw holes for any right-angle joins.  The frame is made with 70 x 35 treated pine outdoor framing, the walls and roof are made with treated pine fence palings and the winch is made with a broom handle and timber off-cuts. You will be pleased to know that everything except the join-a-jig was purchased at Bunnings. I will be making another one next week and will post a picture of the frame.

Demo
Having an Impact

IMG_0208.jpegIMG_0212.jpegIMG_0217.jpeg

3lud13
Finding My Feet

Slightly off topic but i'm quite liking the storage shelf you have there for your cordless tools and stuff, any chance maybe off a slightly better photo?
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @3lud13. I’m sure @Demo will be happy to get back to you ASAP.

In the meantime, have you seen this project by @Wayne  - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Gallery/Cordless-drill-storage-charging-station/cns-p/3723 - it is one of the most popular on Workshop.

Welcome to the community, we look forward to reading more about your projects and plans soon.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

@Demo Wow what an absolute beauty.

I love the design and finish. Thanks heaps for sharing this project. Keep them coming 😁

Kind regards Rob 👍

Demo
Having an Impact

@3lud13 

Hi there, the Ryobi Open Shelf Hanging Wall Storage unit is $79.00 at Bunnings see https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-open-shelf-hanging-wall-storage_p0057187

Thanks Rob

Just Starting Out

I had built the bottom section from merbau before coming across this site. Was looking for a lightweight material for roof, weathertex? Shingles? Sheeting?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects