Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What do I use to protect outdoor furniture

barnmz
Just Starting Out

What do I use to protect outdoor furniture

We have an outdoor timber table and chairs, and I would like to paint it with something to prevent it deteriorating in the weather. What should I use?  I don't want to change the colour of it, I just want a clear sealer. Should I just use the same sealer that I use on our merbau deck (Intergrain)?

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What do I use to protect outdoor furniture

Bunnings have a great option in the high quality Feast Watson. Not really any need to look elsewhere @barnmz 😊 Importantly, it needs to be a penetrating oil.

Not sure which Intergrain product you used on your Merbau deck but you'll probably find it's not clear.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What do I use to protect outdoor furniture

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @barnmz. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

It's great to see you have already revied some terrific advice from @ProjectPete.

I'd advise going with the product Pete has suggested as it is specifically designed for furniture. If you were to use the decking product you might find it leaves staining on clothing as contact with materials shouldn't be a regular occurrence.

You should find these step-by-step tutorials helpful: How to refresh a timber outdoor table and How to revive outdoor chairs.

You might also be interested in our Top 10 outdoor furniture projects

Please let us know if there is any further information you need or if you had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects