Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What floor should I use on my pergola?

Moehank
Finding My Feet

What floor should I use on my pergola?

Hi everyone 

I have 3 pallets that I have used as a floor for my pergola the frame is steel and the wood has become wet and started to break “ it’s not wood it’s chip board “ .

I was thinking of getting modular floor boards for it . My question is where can I purchase module from to the size I want 

cheers moehank 

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: What floor should I use on my pergola?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Moehank and thanks for reaching out with your question.

Our resident D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc will be happy to help with your question when he's back on the site tomorrow. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What floor should I use on my pergola?

It's wonderful to have you join us @Moehank

I'm keen to hear more about the type of modular floorboards you were considering. We do have modular decking, which is suitable for exterior environments. The Good Times decking system has pre-built frames in 945 x 945mm or 1116 x 1116mm. You can also use the Good Times deck planner to customise your layout. You can then use the decking panels to clad the frame.

If you were thinking of another modular flooring or the Good Times systems doesn't work for you, please let us know the size of your planned floor and possibly include a couple of pictures of the area. I'm sure our helpful members will have some other wonderful suggestions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects