Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What materials would be needed to replicate this volleyball target hoop ?

altalt29
Getting Established

What materials would be needed to replicate this volleyball target hoop ?

Hello ! I'm a coach and current player and have found that this equipment is overly priced to buy through normal sports retailers, so I am looking to cut some corners and build one myself. But am not a handyman or been one for DIY projects previously. Could anyone familiar with materials and DIY give some advice on what things I would need to purchase to make this come to life please ? 

Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 7.27.50 pm.pngScreen Shot 2023-11-01 at 7.28.26 pm.pngScreen Shot 2023-11-01 at 7.28.40 pm.png

Volleyball Target Hoop There is another link to a video where you may be able to take a closer look at. Thank you for any advice !!

Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 7.29.15 pm.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What materials would be needed to replicate this volleyball target hoop ?

Hi @altalt29 

That is a great idea and a beautiful render from @MitchellMc. I suggest using 70 x 35mm Framing MGP10 Untreated Pine 2.4m or similar for the arms of the assembly. I recommend using Zenith 8G x 50mm Gold Passivated Countersunk Rib Head Chipboard Screws - 50 Pack to put it all together. I suggest speaking to one of our helpful team members at the store and they'll be able to show you all the parts that you need to put this together.

I was going to suggest using PVC pipes, but Mitchell's idea is much more robust and will be able to withstand being hit without falling over. I also suggest using bird netting at the back to guide the balls into the box.  

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.   

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects