Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What's your favourite cut of meat to BBQ?

Experienced Contributor

Re: What's your favourite cut of meat to BBQ?

Love it - all great cuts.

I love doing lamb long and slow, but my new favourite would have to be doing beef cheeks. Such an intense flavour and fall apart.
Happiness is a full smoker - moonshinebbq.com.au
Former Community Member

@MoonshineBen & others, we slow cook Lamb Shanks & they're amazing, but that's as adventurous as we go.

I'd looooove to do cheeks, shoulder, belly, tail, or tongue (all promise to be super flavourful), but I'm on a very short leash, & bludgeoned to near death with the word NO, but you guys go right ahead, don't worry about me. :cheeky:

Super Contributor

I love lamb. It'd be a choice between leg roast, round steak, topside steak, chump chop, rump, tenderloin/fillet, loin chop, loin roast, butterfly steak, eye of loin, cutlet, rack of lamb, shank, drumstick, forequarter chop, shoulder roast, neck chop, rib-eye roast.

Now I'm hungry...
Former Community Member

@Jackson, so are you say'n that you do a lamb on the spit, polish off all the good bits, & let your dog fight it out with the family for leftovers? :shocked: :wink:

I love to barbecue,  and even a humble Coles sausage tastes better on the barbecue than from a stove, IMHO

However, my absolute favourite cut at the moment is without doubt, a Tomahawk Steak. (Beef Rib with the long bone in) I've done it a number of ways in recent times, including adding hickory chips into a smoker and closing the cover, but a couple of weeks ago, my brother and I did them over open flame on a Bunnings bought fire pit in the evening.  I made the grill for the top from an old BBQ grill I had saved.

When doing a thick steak cut like this, it's always important to have the embers glowing well, and never overcook such a great cut of meat.  Slice it for sharing.

Of course the Cabernet Sauvignon that we had was a great accompaniment. 😎

Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice one @Walter. Some of the Tomahawks you see now are so huge they must feed a whole family. 

I did pulled pork on Sunday and we're still working through the leftovers....

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects