Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wood screws in metal

SonOfMercury7
Just Starting Out

Wood screws in metal

I recently bought a bistro blind for my entertaining area. It came with wood screws but I want to attach it to my metal awning and can't get hold of metal fixing screws. Will the coach screws that came with it work still?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wood screws in metal

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @SonOfMercury7. Many thanks for your question, I'd be pleased to assist.

Coach screws have a coarse thread and are specifically designed to screw into timber. However, if you could provide a few more details and perhaps some images of where you want to fix the blind, I'm sure we can assist in you solving the issue.

Is the metal awning that you intend to attach the bistro blind to sheet material, a beam or solid metal? There are Buildex SuperTEKS metal fixing screws which you could use in this application. They are self-drilling and designed to screw in sheet material 3.0mm - 12mm thick. Another option is to drill through the metal and use long bolts to attach the blind. You would need to be able to access the rear side of the metal to fix a washer and nut.

We look forward to assisting you in fixing your bistro blind.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects