Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Would you paint these concrete planters?

Kellie
Making a Splash

Would you paint these concrete planters?

Looking for advice please. My new apartment has these concrete planters on the courtyard/patio. I'm concerned they look a little unfinished. Do you think they would look better if I painted them? I know the concrete look is very much on trend but I think they look a bit ordinary at the moment. Thanks!

Courtyard.jpg

Kim
Having an Impact

Re: Would you paint these concrete planters?

Lovely planters... but as the entire area appears very grey and black a pop of colour could do wonders.  Even a strip of vibrant colour around each one would really brighten the area up!

Like this but bigger..

bright-painted-concrete-pot.jpg

A rich fluoro yellow could really bring your courtyard to life...

concrete-blocks-bright.jpg

Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

I agree, a bit of colour will change the whole look of the courtyard :smile:

Love the image of the cement brick planters!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

I think I would paint them. Something bold could look cool. Bright red? 

Grampa
Finding My Feet

G'day, I would paint them, but rather than using one solid colour I would go for something different. My suggestion is that a mural type of landscape or ocean "view", to maybe give the area an open more roomy type of look. I hope you get it the way you like & give us all a look when your all done.
Cheers,
Steve.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion Steve (@Grampa) and a very warm welcome to Workshop. It's fantastic to have you join us. I'm looking forward to reading about your own projects and plans. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

Jason 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Definitely could use some colour - but even just running that over with a darker grey would help it fit in more with your outside space. Builder seems to have dropped the ball on that one.
melzyd
Just Starting Out

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

So you would leave them as-is @melzyd?

Welcome to Workshop and thanks for making your first post. I'm sure you will find lots of inspiration, information and advice for your projects here from other community members. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kellie
Making a Splash

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I might get a few sample pots and try a few different colours. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects