Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

drainage for landscaping

dixit
Just Starting Out

drainage for landscaping

Hi , am planning to do synthetic turf on my backyard by myself , Is doing drainage necessary or can we skip it ? .. we have  stagnant water as of now so thinking this should be fine after I prepare the base.

If drainage is necessary what kind of material to use any guides on it is much appreciated

IMG_20200526_151916.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: drainage for landscaping

Welcome to the Workshop community @dixit . Many thanks for your drainage question, I'd be happy to assist.

From the amount of water that is pictured I would advise that you need to address it before laying synthetic turf. Stagnant standing water is not something you really want settling around your house foundations as it looks to be. I would suggest having a look at the range of Everhard channels and potentially installing them at the rear of the house. Is there a stormwater pipe located in the area, as that would assist us in diverting the water?

I've included a video on how Everhard channels work and their installation which you might find of assistance.

If you require further information about drainage or had other questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects