Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

looking for suggestions to sound proof or reduce the noise from my pool pump motor.

LewisH
Just Starting Out

looking for suggestions to sound proof or reduce the noise from my pool pump motor.

Just had the pool pump replaced and looking for suggestions on sound proofing / reducing the noise from the pool pump motor.  A tight fit as you can see from the photo.

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: looking for suggestions to sound proof or reduce the noise from my pool pump motor.

Welcome to the Workshop community @LewisH. We're really pleased to have you join us. I'd be happy to kick off the discussion.

What sort of enclosure do you have there? It would be great to see some images of it so we can better understand how you can reduce noise from the motor.

You could isolate the pump from the concrete slab buy installing an anti-vibration pad under it. Vibrating pool pumps are the number one reason for excess noise. If you minimise vibration transfer to the structure it will lessen the noise impact.

There is a range of sound insulation products which could be used to line the walls of the enclosure. These would only be effective if the structure had four walls and consideration would also need to be made for ventilation of heat.

If the pump is significantly louder than your old one it would be worth checking if it is primed correctly. Trapped air can cause an increase in noise and purging it from the system can assist.

I'd be interested to see what ideas the community have for the issue and look forward to their contributions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects