Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Am renting a house that has a few gaps. What is the best product to use to fill these random gaps?

ShazAtSea
Just Starting Out

Am renting a house that has a few gaps. What is the best product to use to fill these random gaps?

Above kitchen cupboardsAbove kitchen cupboardsNext to vanityNext to vanityFloor next to bath currently covered upFloor next to bath currently covered up

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Am renting a house that has a few gaps. What is the best product to use to fill these random ...

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ShazAtSea. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Since you are renting are you wanting non-permanent solutions to these gaps?

You might like to consider our range of self-adhesive foam sealing strips which could be removed if necessary when leaving the property. However, if you are interested in a more permanent solution to these issues you might like to find out what changes you can make to the property. Once you advise on what changes you can make I would then be more than happy to assist with products to suit that application.

If you could let our members know some more details about your project I trust they will be able to provide some great solutions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Am renting a house that has a few gaps. What is the best product to use to fill these random ...

Thanks Mitchell. I am looking for a long term solution. Particularly in the bathroom where there is a hole in the floor that I have just covered up to stop the water from the shower leaking downstairs.

Hi @ShazAtSea

Many thanks for clarifying as any permanent solution would require changes to the property which generally wouldn't be acceptable under lease conditions. 

The gap you have shown above the cabinetry could be filled with timber and painted to form a permanent solution. The filling piece can be glued or screwed in place. The gap down the side of the vanity isn't leading anywhere and wouldn't normally be filled. Once again a piece of timber would make it look neater.

I would need to see what type of gap is under the plastic to advise on the bathroom floor. I would hazard a guess that a gap that allows water to leak from the shower downstairs should be repaired by a tradesman organised through the real estate or homeowner.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects