Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bag organiser for entryway

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

Bag organiser for entryway

Finally got sick of my 3 kids dumping their bags, shoes etc at the front door every night! Not to mention the ninja like moves we’d recreate while entering the front door - trying not to fall over as our foot slips on a discarded item. So made this and suddenly my kids are able to put their stuff away nice and neatly (and safely)!C96C4BF8-04CC-49FF-90A7-F8F1CD9EC532.jpegAE98104C-F2EB-4C59-A577-471283460E4D.jpeg6D6C7C5D-BAE2-4AAB-9A44-EF9D9D6B3AF2.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Portable Bag organiser for entry way

Fantastic @Tara86. Great result. How are you going training the kids to use it?

And did you see @woodalwaysworks also shared a new coat rack and bench for his entryway? - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Whole-of-House/coat-rack-and-bench-with-hidden-office/m-p/20615

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Caron
Making a Splash

This is fabulous! Well done.

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

Ha ha it’s been a huge success!! Although my middle child always finds a way to rebel. She does hang her bag up every day now but makes sure she unzips every pocket so everything half hangs out ha ha. At least she does use it and a lot safer than the floor lol

Theres always a rebel in the lot! This is an amazing setup wish I thought of it while my kids were growing up.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Petalcake59
Finding My Feet

Re: Bag organiser for entryway

Looks great could you tell me what is the materal of the Grey Board with hooks.

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Petalcake59. I'm sure @Tara86 appreciates the complement and will get back to you about the materials used as soon as possible. 

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased you could join us and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans. Feel free to post whenever you need assistance or have something to share.

And please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop more useful to you. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tara86
Amassing an Audience

Hi @Petalcake59 thanks very much! That part is just an MDF board I had spare from a previous project. It’s 900 x 600 12mm from Bunnings. 

I originally planned to use one 16mm but found the 12mm was sturdy enough to hold the hooks and bags. 

Hope that’s helps xx

Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

@Tara86  all I can say is WOW this is your first project.  Awesome.  Just love this Entryway organiser.  My daughter could use one of these or something along these lines in her hallway.  Great stuff.  You really give us, of the fairer sex inspiration to get in and have a go.  No matter the age.

:smile: Old-gal24 

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

@Old-gal24  My apologies I have just seen my reply isn’t showing! 
Just wanted to say thank you for such kind words. It’s great to see more women out there giving it a go. I just love seeing what unique things everyone comes up with! I know some women find it daunting or the lack of support given to them. I do remember after I started doing DIY going into a hardware store and the guy said Sorry are you lost? I replied it depends...I was hoping to buy timber but maybe I have come to the wrong place. Ha ha it is satisfying when we prove what we can do. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects