Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Barndoor Hardware

Caron
Making a Splash

Barndoor Hardware

Hello - I have renovated a pair of old artic glass five pane french doors and looking to mount them using the Barn Door Hardware.  They are reasonably heavy - has anyone had any experience doing this and any tips/advice or would I be better of installing the old fashioned way. 

I am renovating a "little" 1940's cottage so they will act as a divide between the lounge and kitchen to provide some privacy and due to limited space - thought this might be a good solution.

I have looked at all the great posts on here on how to install - just not sure if it is the way to go.

Thank you in advance :smile:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Barndoor Hardware

Hi @Caron,

I assume you've seen the tips on the Bunnings website for installing barn doors

Let me also tag some members who have shared barn door projects with us, including @peta@neilmacgregor , @Hansi  @LePallet and @Starkers_17.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Caron
Making a Splash

Thanks Jason ... I have. 

As these are glass and reasonably heavy -looking to see if there is anything else I should do.... install will be onto a cavity wall.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again @Caron,

Apologies that you haven't received any responses yet. Perhaps you might share some photos of the doors and an estimate of their weight - it might help members provide some advice for you if they could see what you're working with and had a little more info. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Caron
Making a Splash

Thanks Jason, have done some further research. I’m going to join the two French doors together so they are one sliding door and reinforce the wall where the rail will be attached. Will post pics when done. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects