Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can someone please identify this item?

ShelleyBean
Growing in Experience

Can someone please identify this item?

I wonder if anyone knows what this item is called? I removed it from underneath the drawer on my office desk. I have upcycled the drawer by removing the front panel - now I can use it as a keyboard tray 😀 But I had to remove this piece as well, which isn't ideal as it provides stability. It went under the drawer from back to front. I would like to install something similar from left to right, to provide the stability but I will need a bigger size. Does anyone know what this is called please? Or of any other product that would serve this purpose?

2020-10-11 16.25.57.jpg2020-10-11 16.26.32.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can someone please identify this item?

Hi @ShelleyBean,

I'm not sure if that item has any specific name and I believe it is most likely a proprietary part of the draw system you have. I do not believe it is a generic support used in draw construction and you would be unlikely to find another one to suit your proposed use. I presume the draw has a very thin bottom and this support stops it from flexing and falling out. Since you have removed the front of the drawer you could install timber supports across the bottom of it instead. Perhaps some 42 x 19mm DAR pine screwed from underneath into the side panels at the front and midsection of the draw would suffice.

Let me mention @redracer01 to see if he is aware of this type of support being commonly used within our products.

If you could take some images of the underside and front of the draw it might give our members a better understanding of what solutions could work.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Can someone please identify this item?

It looks very much like an anti tilt bar, or part of its mechanism. It should prevent another drawer opening if one is already open. If that's what it is, then there should be a mechanism running vertically that the bar would engage.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects