Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Changing celling rose to batten light holder

Joel
Just Starting Out

Changing celling rose to batten light holder

Hi guys I bought a pendent light from Bunnings and it plugs into a batten holder but first I’m going to have to change over from a celling rose to a battan holder I went to change ober today and I turned off the light circuit at the box and all the lights on that circuit went off but I am still getting a reading with a no contact detector would anyone know of what the reason would be, also I had another question there are 3 lots of wires   Running to the rose do I just put all 3 neutral into one terminal on batten holder, all 3 active and all 3 earth? 

Thanks

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: Changing celling rose to batten light holder

Suggest you call an Electrician @Joel!

Joel
Just Starting Out

I’d rather do it my self also I accept all liability
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Is there a 2 way switch for that light?

In my kitchen and lounge room there is 2 sets of switches, I have no idea how that works even though I have wired up 415V at work that as @Kermit says is a job for an Electrician.
Joel
Just Starting Out

Yeah I’m a little unsure on 2 way switches my self haha but no there’s not also I now think the problem is a earth leak but if anyone had any other ideas i would be interested to hear them
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Joel,

Welcome to Workshop. I hope you find plenty of useful advice from our community members, as well as inspiration for your projects. 

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand. On this occasion however, I would like to reiterate the other members and advise that you always get a qualified electrician to complete any electrical work on your home. If you are not a qualified electrician, then performing electrical work is not only illegal but very dangerous.

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects